Friday, May 21, 2010

Why this blog?

Why have, as my older brother might ask, YABFM (Yet Another Blog From Mark)? The answer is simple: accountability. My accountability in service to the redeemed of Jesus Christ, and those seeking to know Him. I need this, to focus my attention on the Word of God, knowing that I am, as a teacher of the Word, accountable for using the gift given freely to be a part of the building up of the Body of Christ. I find when I am not using that gift, giving by Him according to His own will, my own walk suffers.

With that, I will blog my own study of the Word of God, trusting the Lord that He will use it as He sees fit, whether it blesses only me, or others who read it. May He, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, be glorified.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. My MOnday night Iron Maidens and I are doing similar - we read sections and post what "jumped out" at us - so certainly not as in-depth as yours will be...but enough to keep us on track with daily reading...though I got off track with horrible internet hotel connections this week - picked the same background as you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete